Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, all activities in our Vajra Vidya Portland shrine room remain suspended until further notice. We are continuing our study and practice activities online:
- The Monday and Wednesday weekly study groups are now gathering on Zoom. (Click for more information.)
- Encouraged by Thrangu Rinpoche, we have been practicing Medicine Buddha on alternate Sunday mornings at 10:30 AM on Zoom during the pandemic. Please contact Kay Sullivan (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive a Zoom link and for more information.
- Ngondro practitioners may contact Ted (email@example.com) about online group sessions
- Drawing on principles of Buddhism, Vajra Vidya Portland will hold a study and discussion group that addresses race and racism.
- On January 23, we will begin an informal monthly book group on how to prepare for death and help others at the time of death, addressing both practical and spiritual concerns. All are welcome. Click here for more information.
- Now meeting on the 1st & 3rd Saturdays of the month, we continue to hold a study and practice group focused on the principles of faith, devotion and blessings in the Karma Kagyu tradition.
- Click here to learn about our VVP Outreach group and to request prayers/dedications in our practice groups.
The khenpos and lamas of Karma Triyana Dharmachakra are now offering a series of live webcasts. These include dharma talks on the weekends as well as weekly and monthly practices . For the full schedule, go to kagyu.org/calendar-2/
We pray for the well-being of everyone affected by the pandemic and will stay connected online until we can again gather at the VVP shrineroom. May all beings be free from illness and suffering.
Vajra Vidya Portland is a Tibetan Buddhist meditation center in Portland, Maine, offering programs for beginning meditators as well as continuing practitioners. We are under the direction of the Venerable Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche, an eminent meditation master and scholar in the Karma Kagyu lineage of Tibetan Buddhism. Thrangu Rinpoche established Vajra Vidya Portland when he first came to Maine in 1996; he returned annually to lead retreats for many years. Now we are fortunate to host his senior lamas from Asia and North America for meditation programs and empowerments.